For customers utilizing website development, website hosting, or other digital marketing services provided by Hallmark Digital Technologies Limited / Hallmark Digital.
Last Updated: August 02, 2021
The following are terms governing the refund of payments concerning website hosting, domain registration, website development, and other digital marketing and related services provided by Hallmark Digital Technologies Limited (“Hallmark”). Signature on our order form, submission of an online order for service, or payment of an invoice indicates agreement to this refund policy.
Hallmark Digital Technologies Ltd (“Hallmark”) operates as a business and we expect clients to understand and respect our policies. Our goal as a digital marketing company is to equip local MSMEs with state-of-the-art technologies that will allow them to dominate their digital marketing landscape. In order to help us in that mission, we need to cover expenses and fuel our operations. Therefore, we require payments to be made on time and in full with respect to the services offered to our clients.
We understand that sometimes ‘life happens’ and you may need a refund on fees paid for services to Hallmark. We try to be fair and create a policy that is a win-win for both parties. We will work with you to make you satisfied with our work. However, if a refund is requested and granted, all property created by Hallmark including graphics, content, and code, will remain the property of Hallmark. Requests for the final portion of payment due on all projects are not made until the project receives final approval from the client unless otherwise specified. The final payment is due once the invoice is received. By signing up for our services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Agreement and you agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
1. Website Hosting Payment Terms: Website design and development projects require extensive resources, consume our time, and incurs internal expenses. Therefore, once a payment or deposit is made, it is non-refundable. Payments for custom design projects (including, but not limited to, custom logo designs and branding projects, full website designs, individual page mockups, and smaller design components within a website) and custom development projects (including, but not limited to, PHP programming, WordPress CMS custom development, WordPress Plugin custom development) are made to us in increments as a courtesy to the client as well as discounted at times for those who agree to pay in full. However, if a project gets cancelled, delayed, or postponed by the client, then all monies paid will be retained by Hallmark and if applicable, an additional cost will be assessed and charged to the client for all work completed beyond what was already paid for shall be paid by the client. All projects that are completed as defined as the scope of the work are non-refundable.
2. Website Maintenance & Management: When adding new text and/or content to a page the client is responsible for providing all text (in digital format), images/photos, and product information. Unused hours do not roll over to subsequent months. No refunds are provided for unused hours. There are absolutely no refunds for any fees related to website maintenance and management services. Our annual support plans are dependent on the scope and size of a website and are quoted on a monthly/annual basis. Especially for websites that we did not initially build, website maintenance and upkeep require extensive upfront resources and time to learn the setup, framework, and specifics of a new client’s website, thus we require annual maintenance to be paid in a full yearly fee, unless determined otherwise.
3. Website Hosting: All hosting payments, whether for present or past months, are non-refundable. Web hosting accounts are set up from the date of your order and are allotted a limited amount of server resources depending on the plan you purchased. If Client opens a hosting account but does not use it, payment will still be due. Client is also responsible for the payment of hosting fees before, during, and after website development projects. Hosting billing cycles continue until a cancellation notice is received in writing thirty (30) days from the client. Unless otherwise provided, you agree that until and unless you notify Hallmark of your desire to cancel the web hosting services, you will be billed on an automatically recurring basis to prevent any disruption to your Services, using your credit card, debit card, PayPal account, or other billing information on file with us. Any invoice that is outstanding for more than seven (7) days may result in the suspension or termination of web hosting services. Access to the account will not be restored until payment has been received. If you fail to pay the fees as specified herein, Hallmark may suspend or terminate your account (including, but not limited to, the deletion of your website files) and pursue the collection costs incurred by Hallmark, including without limitation, any arbitration and legal fees, and reasonable attorneys’ fees. Hallmark will not activate new orders or activate new packages for clients who have an outstanding balance on their account. Hallmark is not responsible for transferring websites to and from Hallmark’s web servers and reserves the right to charge for any website hosting transfer requests.
4. SEO & SEM [Internet Marketing]: Customer understands, acknowledges, and agrees that Hallmark has no control over the policies of search engines or directories with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. Client’s website may be excluded from any search engine or directory at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory entity. Some search engines and directories may take as long as 90 days, and in some cases longer, after commencement of plan to list and/or update customer’s website. Occasionally, search engines and directories will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason. Hallmark is not responsible for changes made to the client’s website by other parties that adversely affect the search engine or directory rankings of client’s website. SEO and marketing professional services require extensive resources and strategy, consume our time, and incur internal expenses. Therefore, payments made for SEO and marketing services, are non-refundable.
5. Setup Fees: Setup fees are applied directly to expenses incurred by Hallmark in the setup phase of any website design, SEO, internet marketing campaigns, and other digital marketing services and are non-refundable.
6. Domain Names: All sales of domain names are final once a domain name has been registered, renewed, or transferred to the client’s account. Domain name sales require payment in full before transferring the purchased domain name. The ownership of a domain name that is not renewed on time and paid in full will no longer be retained by the Client, but will be transferred to Hallmark or a third-party registrar.
7. Chargebacks: We will ask the client for credit card payment info so that we can charge the client’s card for services provided or we will send an invoice so that you can pay from your end. Claiming that you didn’t provide your card info or that you are not aware of such charges is illegal and fraudulent. If we receive a chargeback or payment dispute (including, but not limited to PayPal Disputes) from a credit card company or bank, your service(s) and/or project(s) will be suspended without notice. A US $50 chargeback fee (issued to recover fees passed on to us by the credit company), plus any outstanding balances accrued as a result of the chargeback(s) must be paid in full before service is restored, files delivered, or any further work is done. Instead of issuing a chargeback, please contact us at email@example.com to address any billing issues. Requesting a chargeback or opening a PayPal dispute for a valid charge from us is a fraud, and is never an appropriate or legal means of obtaining a refund. Please read and make sure you fully understand our refund policy prior to making a payment.
8. Refunds Processing: Clients must submit requests for refunds in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that Hallmark has approved or rejected a refund request, Client will be notified via email from the aforementioned address. If you have paid using your credit card, the money will be transferred back to your credit card account within 30 business days upon approval unless otherwise specified. If you paid using a cheque or money order, your refund will be returned to you by cheque unless otherwise specified.